Mark your calendars for Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 9th from 6:30 – 8:00 PM. We will start with opening remarks in the gym and move into two classroom sessions (the same session repeated so that parents with multiple children can attend both presentations in different classrooms). If you have more than two students at Hallinan, you will likely need to divide and conquer.
This is an important evening for all parents to attend so that you have information about classroom instructional focuses for the year, classwork and homework expectations, daily routines, volunteer opportunities, upcoming field trips, and more. This is a night for parents and guardians only. The presentation is not geared for students, and we do not have childcare available. Thank you and see you then!
We had a fantastic first day here at Hallinan yesterday! Thank you to everyone for their patience. The first week or so is always a bit of an adjustment, especially during arrival and dismissal. Here are some tips to help make everything run smoothly:
- After this week, we recommend that you say your goodbyes at the drop off line rather than bringing your child to the classroom. Establishing this routine keeps the parking lot clear and safe, allows for less congestion under the covered area, gives students a chance to settle in to their morning routine, and sends a message to your child that they are capable and responsible young people! If you must come in to the building in the morning, please park in a parking space, not on the driveway hill. Thank you!
- The first bell is at 8:55 AM. Students are directed to their classrooms at this time. The tardy bell is at 9:10 AM. If your child is not in their seat at this time, they will need to report to the office for a tardy slip.
- Please make sure your student knows their going home plans every day! It is very discombobulating (yeah, I said it) when students are getting last minute changes or are unsure of their bus numbers, etc. If you have to make a last minute change, please CALL the office. Emails are not a reliable way to get information to teachers and staff, as they may not be checked until the end of the day.
- At dismissal, please wait (patiently) in the car pick up line. Please do not park or wait in the bus lane. Your other option is to park and meet your child under cover. Please do not wait in the school lobby, as the noise can get quite overwhelming given our open concept school design. If you park in the neighborhood, please be courteous to neighbors – do not block mailboxes or trash cans. Be aware of fire lanes. I recognize that the back cul de sac is a fire lane. I am fine with parents meeting students there, so long as you do not leave your vehicle unattended! :)
- If you are visiting the school for anything other than immediate office business (such as dropping off forms, medications, or a meeting with me), you need to sign in on the computer on the front counter. It is very simple, and it allows us to track who is in our building at all times. We also ask that you wear a volunteer badge at all times that is visible. Please understand that if you are approached by staff and asked to return to the office to sign in, it is out of concern for your child’s safety. We ask this of everyone – new parents and continuing!
- If you are having trouble procuring school supplies and need some assistance, please let me know and I will put you in touch with our school counselor. We are happy to assist you so that every child has what they need.
It makes my heart happy to see all our students again! Welcome back!
Just a reminder that the first day of school for grades 1-5 is August 31st.
Kindergarten will have individual assessment appointments from 8/31 – 9/2. An email with a sign up link will be emailed to all Kinder families so that you may select a thirty minute time frame. School begins for all Kindergartners on Thursday, September 3rd.
Labor Day is still a nonschool day on Monday, September 7th.
See you SOON!
Please join us for a all school Open House and Back to School BBQ on
Thursday, August 27
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Meet teachers, see classrooms, and pick up/drop off supplies
4:00 – 6:30 PM
BBQ on playground and field (food options available – bring cash)
We are excited to invite everyone to our first whole school Open House! We will be unveiling the new library, which has been recently made over (and it looks incredible!), and all class lists will be posted in the building. You are invited to visit your student’s classroom(s) and meet the teacher(s) during the first hour. If you pre-ordered school supplies, they will be available for pick up. We ask that everyone bring supplies with them so that you do not have to fuss with them on the first day of school. At 4:00, we will start up the festivities outside. Food and activities will be available so that kids and parents can play, catch up with one another, and celebrate the start of a new school year!
Note: we will not be sending class assignments electronically. If you cannot attend the Open House, please ask a neighbor or friend to check for you! We are also happy to help in the front office – shoot us an email after Thursday, 8/27 at 3:00 PM.
It’s hard to believe, but the days are dwindling down and before you know it, school will be starting! It has been a lovely (HOT) summer, and I am looking forward to another amazing school year with our students and staff. Here are some reminders to help ease the transition:
- Label your new lunchboxes, backpacks, and Fall jackets
- Put our Open House and BBQ on your calendar for Thursday, August 27th from 3:00 – 6:30 PM.
- If you are missing part of your registration or need to update your child’s records, please email the front office: email@example.com
- Deposit funds in your child’s lunch account and extended care account!
- Lunch Deposits: http://www.myschoolbucks.com
- Extended Care: http://www.edline.net/pages/Lake_Oswego_School_District/Academics___Programs/Extended_Day_Program
- Mark your calendars for Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 9, 6:30 PM.
- Remember to have PE shoes ready to send with non-marking soles. These stay at school!
- If you didn’t preorder school supplies, check out the lists at:
I am excited to welcome everyone back! See you soon!
First of all, how cute is this picture with our sidewalk artists? Yes – it is hard to believe – but summer will officially begin next week! Please keep in mind:
* Kindergarten has their last day on Tuesday, June 9th. Check with your child’s teacher for promotion celebrations.
* Grades 1-5 has their last day on Wednesday, June 10th. EARLY DISMISSAL at 11:00 AM!
* On Wednesday, June 10th around 10:45, the first through fourth grade students will line the hallway for the 5th grade walk of fame. Mr. Wederski and Mr. Haynor will set up their music, and we encourage everyone to join in the fun. At 11:00, the bell rings, and all are free to go! Busses will be running their regular routes.
* Placement for the coming school year will not be announced until Thursday, August 27th at our all school open house and BBQ.
* Daycare during the summer months is provided at Uplands Elementary.
THREE CHEERS FOR SUMMER!
Our Hallinan School Store has white Hallinan shirts available – just in time for Hallinan Day next week!
These are white, short sleeved shirts with Hallinan Hawks printed in blue. Sizes SM-XL in kids and SM – MED in adults! Cost is just $5.00. Quantities are limited – so hurry on over!