SUMMER BEGINS TODAY!

Summer 81 days

Special thanks to Luke Wyngarden, Leyton Richards, Joey Migchelbrink, Calvin Migchelbrink, Esben Schroeder, Cooper Wyngarden, and Mia Schroeder for this beautiful summer artwork on the sidewalk just outside the cul de sac! It is an exciting day at Hallinan!  Mr. Haynor and Mr. Wederski have the stage and amps set up for the music, the new bubble machine is being set up (courtesy of the 2014 fifth grade class), and yearbooks are distributed. I am equal parts excited and sad, as it is hard to see the kids go. They bring the light and the love into the building, and it gets awfully lonely here without them all summer! That being sad, here is the “homework” I gave the students for the summer:

1) Be SAFE. Wear your helmet on your bike and skateboard. Swim with a lifeguard present. Wear sunscreen.

2) Be KIND. Make a new friend in your neighborhood. Be courteous to your parents and help them out.

3) Be RESPONSIBLE. Take charge of your summer learning. Read every day! Read every day! Read every day!

I will miss you and will be waiting with open arms in September.

With love,

Sara